George is one of a rare breed of full time professional live caricaturists or ENTERTAINERS, but there are other caricaturists such as RETAILERS and HOBBYISTS available for hire. The choice is yours;
- The Entertainer will charge for their time and pack those few hours with laughter and fun. Their aim is to dazzle your guests, mingling, raising a laugh or even applause, using drawing skills, whit and charm. The caricatures may be more exaggerated, but your guests will marvel at the likeness and the atmosphere is usually electric!
- The Retailer will offer a competitive quote or may even charge your guests at your event. They will work hard, head down, seated at an easel as if on a street corner, producing the same sweet likeness over and over. Their aim is to flatter their subject for extra gratuities, but entertainment is rarely on the agenda.
- The Hobbyist is usually unqualified, they may charge mere pennies, then turn up in inappropriate attire to disappoint your guests, while learning their trade at your expense. Quality and reliability are not guaranteed, indeed many part time artists have a choice of whether they turn up or not!
Be sure you hire the right artist for your event, simply ask a few questions;
- Is your artist a full time professional caricaturist or part time?
- Is your Artist qualified or trained, with experience?
- Will they entertain or sit at an easel in a corner?
- Will your artist be charging your guests?
- Will they let you down should a better paid job arise?
Remember, the less money you pay, the less quality, reliability and entertainment you will receive. Much the same as when choosing a good Restaurant, that little more will leave you recommending it to friends, but the cheaper the dish, the more bitter the after taste for all your guests.